Re: [exim] Is this mail relaying?

Autor: Marc Haber
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Is this mail relaying?
On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 03:15:35 +0200, "Meka[ni]" <meka@???>
wrote:
>    I want to make a small LAN (about 4-8 computers) with a local mail server. Server is working, but it's behind a cable router so it doesn't have a public IP. I need to transfer mail, for example, to gmail and let it deliver where it supposed to. Is this what is called "mail relaying"? I'm very new to this subject, so, yes, I know I ask a stupid question, but I really don't know how to search for help if I don't know such a simple thing as "the name of my problem". BTW, is this posible? I was thinking of something like "if mail is from local host to non-local host then use gmail smtp". Thanx! :o)

What you need is a "smarthost setup".

After setting things up, do a telnet relay-test.mail-abuse.org to
verify whether your system is secure when accessed from the Internet.

Oh, yes, please, get a mail client which does decent line breaks.

Greetings
Marc