Re: [exim] no ehlo possible when sender IP has no hostname

Autor: Fred Viles
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] no ehlo possible when sender IP has no hostname
On 24 Jul 2005 at 16:29, Roman Khassraf wrote about
    "Re: [exim] no ehlo possible when se":

| (I wrote:)
| > Are you *sure* you are connecting to exim for this test? If exim is
| > capable of responding to EHLO with 502, I'm not finding where it is
| > done in the source code (4.52). What does the banner message show?

| i´m running exim 4.50 on debian 3.1 , it´s the only MTA running on the server

The only other explanation I can think of is some sort of firewall
between the client and your server messing with the protocol. Cisco
PIX are notorious for that, but IIRC the munge the banner so ESMTP is
not seen to be advertised. Have you tested a non-PTR-IP from the
server via "exim -bh ip.ad.re.ss"?

If that's not it, I'm stumped.

- Fred