Re: [exim] no ehlo possible when sender IP has no hostname

Autor: Roman Khassraf
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] no ehlo possible when sender IP has no hostname
> | but at hosts without a resolved hostname even sending "ehlo" without any
> | arguments causes error 502 instead of error 501 Syntactically invalid EHLO
> | argument(s)
>
> Are you *sure* you are connecting to exim for this test? If exim is
> capable of responding to EHLO with 502, I'm not finding where it is
> done in the source code (4.52). What does the banner message show?
>
> - Fred

i´m running exim 4.50 on debian 3.1 , it´s the only MTA running on the server

i can´t do the test from my location until tomorrow morning, because all IP
addresses here have ptr records , but i didn´t notice any unusual message

it was:

220 mx1.khassraf.at ESMTP Exim + date

roman