Re: [exim] howto store virtual users in ldap

Autor: Jonathan Gonzalez
A: exim-users
CC: Jonas Meurer
Assumpte: Re: [exim] howto store virtual users in ldap
About your comment...

> and another question: currently i need the 'inetOrgPerson' objectClass
> for user entries in ldap, to have one structural object class. this
> objectClass requires sn an cn, which are not used by my configuration.
> is there any better structural objectClass to use for this purpose, or
> shall i simply fill the attributes sn and cn with dummy values to make
> ldap happy?

... that's a good question. You like me use Debian Sarge and the
process to initially setup the directory seems that will create a O
(organization) scheme when in fact create a DC (domain) scheme.

One of the options is reset the ldap and create another structural
objectClass as root beside 'top', but i'm not sure if this change will
become a better solution or a problem.

An ugly modification could be change the scheme to make not needed the
sn and cn, but this would brake the scheme structure and could cause
future problems in migration plans and other activies. Definitively
this can't be considered as a solution, just a comment.

I would really aprreciate if you can provide a whole exim4
configuration example for review and test in a quickly way. You have
my email if you don't want to bother the list with large configuration
examples.

Hope for your comments.
BR,

jonathan