Re: [exim] howto store virtual users in ldap

Autor: Jonathan Gonzalez
A: Jonas Meurer
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] howto store virtual users in ldap
You can grab the actual state, being well configured or not from my Exim
dedicated folder @ http://www.surestorm.com/EXIM4

I have suffered the same behaviour with the phpldapadmin while creating
the CourierMailAccount or CourierMailAlias entity. This is because it
seems that the instalation of the ldap has not the necesary structural
objects defined.

What i have done is relax the schemacheck option in slapd.conf from on
to off (i think this could be wrong in the future, i'm investigating in
order to know if this may affect in a wrong way the future of the ldap).

Once you change schemacheck off in you slapd.conf (and restart the
service) you won't have problems in create Courier-like objects (or even
create rare DIT's, mixing different types os entities).

About the DIT i'm implementing (Directory Information Tree), i'm doing
test and i have no clear idea of what of them use because i'm finding
some constraints in the authenticator module of exim to talk to the ldap.

Some of the DIT's i have testes could be this:

1)uid=jonathan,dc=surestorm.com,ou=MailAccounts,dc=foo,dc=bar
2)uid=jonathan,ou=surestorm.com,ou=MailAccounts,dc=foo,dc=bar
3)uid=jonathan@???,dc=surestorm.com,ou=MailAccounts,dc=foo,dc=bar
4)uid=jonathan,ou=surestorm.com,ou=domains,ou=vmail,dc=foo,dc=bar

If you grab the exim4 + ldap config file please take note that the ldap
part don't work properly. It's needed to develop over them.

Also you will see an exit of the slapcat command for the actual
directory structure.

Hope this will help you, and if you define an ldap structure that work
fine for virtual hosts, accounts and aliases using phpldapadmin as
management tool, please advise the phorum or advise me for my records
and tests.

Best regards,

jonathan