Re: [exim] howto store virtual users in ldap

Autor: Jonas Meurer
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] howto store virtual users in ldap
On 21/07/2005 Jonathan Gonzalez wrote:
> i have recently posted something similar and after a lot of comments i
> can tell you that i have integrated the 80% of the work at the moment,
> but without the qmail schema.

which schema do you use, and how is the design of user account and/or
domain entries in ldap? could you post a sample ldif file with a new
user account inside?

> In you case you should include int he slapd.conf config file the qmail
> schema (qmail.schema) and for ease of work i recommend you phpldapadmin
> in order to manage your schema.

yes, i had included qmail, but then i read your thread, and tried it the
way that suggested it, with inetLocalMailRecipient. though i didn't find
this objectclass in phpldapadmin yet.

i also tried to create a 'courier mail account' from the templates of
phpldapadmin, but this one gives an error due to a not existing attribute.

> As soon as i get to work with my integration i will post the configs and
> results, with the good and bad of the config for others to improve it.

would you mind sending me the current state of your exim4 and ldap
configuration? maybe you could simply export the relating ldap folders
to an ldif file?

maybe i can help you at resolving the remaining problems ;)

bye
jonas