Re: [exim] compiling errors, No rule to make target `lookups…

Autor: Michael Johnson
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] compiling errors, No rule to make target `lookups/lookups.a', needed by `exim'. Stop. on mac os x
On 20 Jul, 2005, at 12:03:28 PM EDT, John W. Baxter wrote:

> On 7/20/05 12:31 AM, "Peter Bowyer" <peeebeee@???> wrote:
>
>> On 20/07/05, Louie Miranda <lmiranda@???> wrote:
>>
>>> Im compiling exim 3.36 on a mac os x 10.3 ws.
>>>

>> You need to move to a newer version of the software. Yours is 3 years
>> old and nobody much around here remembers how it hangs together.
>> Especially since you're building from source....
>>

> Plus I don't remember when Philip dealt with the case-insensitive file
> system on the Mac. I suspect it was later than 3.36.

For those of you who didn't know, with the release of Tiger (or
possibly a bit earlier), there is the possibility of a case sensitive
HFS+ journaling filesystem.

-Michael

O it is excellent to have a giant's strength; but it is tyrannous To
use it like a giant.
             --Shakespeare, Measure for Measure, Act II