Re: [exim] anti-spoof acl rules

Autor: Troy Settle
A: peter
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] anti-spoof acl rules

Peter Bowyer wrote:
> On 20/07/05, Troy Settle <troy@???> wrote:
>
>>After long last, I'm finally fed up with the spoofed emails from
>>addresses such as:
>>
>> admin@
>> support@
>> info@
>> staff@
>>
>>I successfully blocked these by adding the following to my configure:
>>
>>  deny  senders = admin@???:info@???
>>        message = Spoofers not welcome here!

>>However, I need a rule that will wildcard in all local domains, but also
>>allow for a whitelist:
>>
>>  allow senders = admin@???
>>  deny  senders = admin
>>        domains = +local_domains
>>        message = Spoofers not welcome here!

>>But, with this, Exim refuses to run.
>

> Oooh good, my favourite rant :-)
>
> What form does this 'refusal to run' take?
>
> If you go looking in the Exim logs, there's a very good chance you'll
> find a clue as to what you've done wrong. Even if it doesn't help you,
> posting the log messages here will almost certainly help us to help
> you.
>
> (This is meant to be constructive, even if it doesn't seem like it)
>
> Peter

Here's the error:

error in ACL: unknown ACL condition/modifier in "allow senders
          = admin@???"

DUH!! accept maybe? Let's ignore this part for now though, first I
want to figure out how to block these role accounts:

   deny senders = admin
        domains = +local_domains

It didn't block anything, so I tried this as well:

   deny senders = admin@*
        domains = +local_domains

It blocked external domains as well as locals.

So... how do I block admin@local without blocking admin@external ?

Thanks,

--
Troy Settle