Re: [exim] how to stop exim from reverse lookup check fortru…

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: KHALID SHAWKAT
A: Mark Smith, exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] how to stop exim from reverse lookup check fortrustedIPs...
I didn't configure this setup rather the rbl was implemented by one of my
ex-employees. Frankly, I've doubts about many of the options he configured.
For example, whitelisting a domain should be good enough then why there
are two more options (ip & email) for whitelisting. I could be wrong
though.
I got hold of him today about this configuration and he told me that he
just
followed the guideline from ev1's forum & tutorial from rvskin. I already
found both of them:

http://forum.ev1servers.net/showthread.php?t=34689
http://www.rvskin.com/index.php?page=public/antispam

The tutorial from rvskin was written meticulously but I'm not very
satisfied.
So, I've been trying to go through all the exim documentation to implement
good solution. RBL can not be a good solution, if I can not whitelist the
desired IPs. I believe that the following strangas:

accept domains = +local_domains
local_parts = postmaster:abuse
!hosts = @[]
!authenticated = *

supposed to achieve - (1) accept all emails in postmaster & abuse, (2)
accept
authenticated users. But I don't understand the meaning of '!hosts = @[]'.
hope that someone can shed some light on it. I changed this strangas with
the
following though:

deny local_parts        = ^.*[@%!/|]
accept local_parts      = postmaster:abuse
accept  hosts             = 127.0.0.1:+relay_hosts
accept authenticated = *

I'm not sure if I'm doing it right but it's working and my clients can send
emails. However, I still couldn't figure out how to bypass the DNS check of
some trusted senders. None of them have rDNS configured or have no A
record in the PTR or listed in the spam database but my clients wants
emails
from these guys. So, I'm still running few experiments and of course going
through the documentation of exim as well we this huge mailing list. But so
far - I couldn't find anything. Can you give me some lead on this...

Thank you once again for all your cooperation...

Khalid