Re: [exim] LDAP connection caching problem?

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: John Dalbec
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Uudet otsikot: SSL LDAP connection caching problem (was Re: [exim] LDAP connection caching problem?)
Aihe: Re: [exim] LDAP connection caching problem?
John Dalbec wrote:

> John Dalbec wrote:
>
>> Nigel Wade wrote:

>>> Are you sure the LDAP server is listening on the ldaps (i.e.
>>> encrypted) port 636, and that it and Exim are fully configured for
>>> the encryption handshake (TLS, SSL or whatever is being used)?
>>

>> Yes, I have other LDAP-based rules that work just fine. The rule that
>> I pasted is not actually what fails. The failure occurs in this router:
>>
>>   driver = accept
>>   check_local_user
>>   hide condition = ${lookup ldap\
>>         {user=... \
>>         pass=... \
>>         ldaps:///...?mail?sub?(mail=${quote_ldap:$local_part@...})}\
>>         {yes}{no}}
>>   domains = ...
>>   transport = ...

>> We have (essentially) two virtual domains. Users in domain A have
>> their mailboxes stored in one directory tree; users in domain B (but
>> not in domain A) have their mailboxes stored in another directory
>> tree. We do have some users in both domains, so given an address in
>> domain B, I have to check whether an address in domain A exists with
>> the same local part, and if so, I have to route the e-mail to the
>> domain A transport.
>>
>> This router works fine until I insert the rewriting rule above, and
>> then I get the errors shown above.
>> John
>>

> The problem seems to be triggered when Exim routes a recipient address
> in domain B with a .forward file of the form "blah@???,
> \a.b@domainB". Exim runs through the address rewriting rules from the
> top when it processes the .forward file and the LDAP searches start
> failing after the problematic rewriting rule.
>
> I don't think it's an LDAP server issue because I wrote a Perl script to
> perform the same sequence of searches and it worked just fine.
>
> Any ideas?
> Thanks,
> John

The problem seems to be related to a non-cached search occurring in a
subprocess. Maybe OpenLDAP or OpenSSL is keeping some state information that
gets lost when the child process ends? Is that possible?
Thanks,
John