Re: [exim] LDAP connection caching problem?

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: John Dalbec
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [exim] LDAP connection caching problem?
John Dalbec wrote:

> Nigel Wade wrote:
>
>> John Dalbec wrote:

>>> By post-hoc reasoning I worked out that a new address rewriting rule
>>> I had added seemed to be tickling the problem.
>>>
>>> ^([a-z]+).([0-9]+)@((?:...)ysu\\.edu)\$ "\
>>>         ${lookup ldap\
>>>         {user=... \
>>>         pass=... \
>>>         ldaps:///...?uid?sub?(uid=${quote_ldap:$1$2})}\
>>>         {$1$2@$3}fail}"         Eh

>>> We plan to convert our dotted local parts to undotted local parts.
>>> This rule is intended to make sure the dotted addresses keep working
>>> after we change the local parts in LDAP. We won't necessarily be
>>> able to change them all at once so we have to check the directory to
>>> see whether the correct local part is dotted or undotted.
>>>
>>> Does anyone see a problem with this rule?
>>> Thanks,
>>> John
>>>

>> Are you sure the LDAP server is listening on the ldaps (i.e.
>> encrypted) port 636, and that it and Exim are fully configured for the
>> encryption handshake (TLS, SSL or whatever is being used)?
>

> Yes, I have other LDAP-based rules that work just fine. The rule that I
> pasted is not actually what fails. The failure occurs in this router:
>
>   driver = accept
>   check_local_user
>   hide condition = ${lookup ldap\
>         {user=... \
>         pass=... \
>         ldaps:///...?mail?sub?(mail=${quote_ldap:$local_part@...})}\
>         {yes}{no}}
>   domains = ...
>   transport = ...

> We have (essentially) two virtual domains. Users in domain A have their
> mailboxes stored in one directory tree; users in domain B (but not in
> domain A) have their mailboxes stored in another directory tree. We do
> have some users in both domains, so given an address in domain B, I have
> to check whether an address in domain A exists with the same local part,
> and if so, I have to route the e-mail to the domain A transport.
>
> This router works fine until I insert the rewriting rule above, and then
> I get the errors shown above.
> John

The problem seems to be triggered when Exim routes a recipient address in domain
B with a .forward file of the form "blah@???, \a.b@domainB". Exim runs
through the address rewriting rules from the top when it processes the .forward
file and the LDAP searches start failing after the problematic rewriting rule.

I don't think it's an LDAP server issue because I wrote a Perl script to perform
the same sequence of searches and it worked just fine.

Any ideas?
Thanks,
John