Re: [exim] Dovecot IMAP - Opinions?

Página Inicial
Autor: Matt Fretwell
Para: exim
Assunto: Re: [exim] Dovecot IMAP - Opinions?
OpenMacNews wrote:

> > I've used dovecot for the past few years in my home setup,
> > and have been very happy with it. I haven't had a single
> > problem since setting it up.
> >
> > The mailing list is a good resource, and the author was
> > quite responsive when I needed a small tweak made to the
> > code.
> >
> > Thumbs up!
>
> curious -- do you consider the dovecot community to be "large/stable
> enough" ... i.e., NOT subject to
> single-developer-may-evaporate-at-any-moment syndrome?
>
> that's one of the arguments FOR, e.g., cyrus (even tho, *i* can't seem
> to get answers out of them ... sigh ... i'm so difficult to get along
> with ... ;-))

Dovecot has been around for quite a while now, and also tends to have
a very consistent development. Stability wise, I have never noticed any
problems, either. To put my two penneth in, I much prefer it to the
alternatives. I think that Marc may well find himself staying with it once
he has tried it :)

Matt