Re: [exim] MessageLabs 554 SMTP synchronisation error

Author: Marc Sherman
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] MessageLabs 554 SMTP synchronisation error

Steve Lamb wrote:

> It doesn't. His point was that in order of importance keeping time
> synced was of higher importance to him than ident data. Like one
> saying, "Between meeting my inlaws or having my nuts waxed by a
> rather burly slavic woman with a unibrow... I'll take the
> nut-waxing" to show distaste and disdane for the inlaws.

The relationship is that ident and well synched clocks are both tools
that can be used to link events on multiple servers. Ident can be used
by having usernames from server A appear in the logs on server B.
Well-synched clocks can be used by having log entries from both servers
show the same time stamps.

- Marc