Re: [exim-dev] webmail feature in exim mail server

Autor: Nigel Metheringham
A: Vikas Johri - Wipro Admin
CC: 'exim-dev@exim.org'
Assumpte: Re: [exim-dev] webmail feature in exim mail server
This is the wrong list for this sort of question, which should have been
sent to the exim-users list rather than the developers list. Please do
not post further messages in this thread to the dev list.

On Tue, 2005-07-12 at 18:54 +0530, Vikas Johri - Wipro Admin wrote:
> I have download the RPM and installed it on the server.But I
> want to clarify one thing does exim mail server support webmail feature

Exim is a MTA - it accepts mail, routes it and delivers it. It does not
provide any form of end-user interface.

There are a large number of Unix webmail interfaces, for example:-
      * Squirrelmail
      * sqwebmail
      * Open webmail
      * IMP
      * IlohaMail

Many of these will also need a POP or IMAP client interface - again exim
does not provide this, as it is one part of a toolkit.

    Nigel.