Re: [exim] Making exchange(2003) ETRN happily with exim

Autor: Matthias Waffenschmidt
A: Ian FREISLICH
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Making exchange(2003) ETRN happily with exim
Hi,

On Tue, Jul 12, 2005 at 02:53:46PM +0200, Ian FREISLICH wrote:
> I'm asking on the off chance that someone here has significantly
> more exchange foo than me[1]. I have someone that has this piece
> of software and wants to use ETRN, but exim and exchange don't want
> to play nicely. Does anyone know how to make exchange2003 put an
> '#' in front of the domain like exim wants? I do know previous
> versions could do this, but I've turned up nothing. I'm hoping
> that I don't have to resort to the source - I don't really want to
> maintain a set of private patches that have no chance of inclusion
> into the main source.

Some of our clients are using ETRN and at least one of them sends the
domain part without an extra '#' sign (just checked via tcpdump). This
works out of the box with Exim 4.51 and smtp_etrn_command set to

smtp_etrn_command = /client/bin/exim -R $domain

But this behaviour seems to contradict chapter 44.9 ...

--
Gruss / Best regards   |  LF.net GmbH        |  fon +49 711 90074-411
Matthias Waffenschmidt |  Ruppmannstr. 27    |  fax +49 711 90074-33