[exim] Per-User SpamAssassin config

Autor: Richard Hobbs
A: 'Exim Users'
Assumpte: [exim] Per-User SpamAssassin config
Hello,

We have a mail server on which I would like to enable spamassassin, but only
for individual users. We're running Exim 4.50 and SpamAssassin 3.0.3 on a
Debian 3.0 box. Mailman 2.1.5 is also running on the machine if it makes a
difference.

Some users do not want spam checking to be done at all, but other users
would like it to be done. The part I'm having trouble with is understanding
how to get exim to use spamassassin at all, let alone for some accounts and
not others.

Also, i have already spent hours on Google trying to find a guide or a
how-to somewhere, and I can't find anything.

I have already got spamassassin working in daemon mode (by running spamd).
All I have done so far is change 'ENABLED' to '1' in
"/etc/default/spamassassin". All other spamassassin config is default apart
from the following line in "/etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf":

rewrite_header Subject ****SPAM****

SpamAssassin detects spam successfully if I type:

spamassassin -t < sample-spam.txt

But I don't think this is using the spamd daemon, is it? How can I test
using 'spamc'?

Once we know spamc can successfully talk to spamd which successfully detects
spam, how can I let individual users enable or disable spam checking on
their account as they please? I have not changed the exim configuration at
all yet because I can't quite figure out what needs to be done.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help,
Richard Hobbs.

--
Richard Hobbs (Systems Administrator)
Toshiba Research Europe Ltd. - Speech Technology Group

This e-mail has been scanned for viruses by MCI's Internet Managed Scanning Services - powered by MessageLabs. For further information visit http://www.mci.com