[exim] SMTP protocol violation?

Página Inicial
Autor: Claus Assmann
Para: exim users
Tópicos Antigos: [exim] need to make exception for protocol violator
Assunto: [exim] SMTP protocol violation?
On Thu, Jul 07, 2005, Randy Bush wrote:
> 2005-07-08 08:05:52 SMTP protocol violation: synchronization error (input sent without waiting for greeting): rejected connection from H=[666.42.7.11] input="helo foux.psg.com\r\n"

I'm curious: Can someone please point out which part of RFC 2821
is violated here?

4.3.1 Sequencing Overview
One important reply is the connection greeting. Normally, a receiver
will send a 220 "Service ready" reply when the connection is
completed. The sender SHOULD wait for this greeting message before
sending any commands.

This is just a SHOULD not a MUST.