RE: [exim] Easy Disclaimers with Exim?

Autor: Herb Martin
A: exim-users
Assumpte: RE: [exim] Easy Disclaimers with Exim?
> [mailto:exim-users-bounces@exim.org] On Behalf Of Nigel Wade
> Is there anyone, even in the US, who thinks they have any
> legal validity?
> I think it's more a case of covering their arses in any and
> all ways they can percieve, whether valid or not.

Also one might wonder if the act of putting the disclaimer
into the message indicates an awareness of a problem or
a threat and so any subsequent losses due to such threats
might make it easier to prove liability of those ADDING
the disclaimer under some systems of law and torts.

Example: "We are adding this disclaimer because we
acknowledge we aren't taking sufficient measures...."

> Also, shouldn't you include in your disclaimer something
> along the lines of "this email has been tampered with by a
> mail transport agent, and the validity of the contents can no
> longer be guaranteed"?

The same issue may exist with signs saying, "For the safety
of our customers: No guns allowed", in places such as Texas
where firearms are generally legal to law-abiding citizens.

When a criminal violates the sign, and the law, it will
serve as proof that the proprietor knew there was a danger
and took no effective action (metal detectors, armed guards,
and body searches) to disarm the ACTUAL criminals rather than
merely rendering the law-abiding defenseless.

--
Herb