Re: [exim-dev] Some questions on Exim development...

Author: Philip Hazel
To: John Jetmore
CC: exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] Some questions on Exim development...
On Wed, 6 Jul 2005, John Jetmore wrote:

> > Instead of snprintf, I wrote my own function string_vformat(), which
> > does a similar thing.
>
> For the record, snprintf and vsnprintf aren't in libc on Solaris 2.5.

Oh dear. I hadn't realized that Tom had used snprintf so widely. I did
remove it in one place in his code when we were testing, but stupidly
did not do a scan for the other places. (This was the thread you saw in
exim-maintainers.)

> I wonder if Tony could move his code to use Philip's custom
> implementation to allow the code to compile on a larger range of machines?

(Tom, not Tony, of course.) I have made a note that this needs to be
done. I know that Tom is on vacation next week, and I suspect he is
already away. Hopefully, he will respond when he returns. Ultimately, if
he doesn't fix it, I will, but it will not be for several weeks now, as
I am preparing to run the Exim course next week and then going off to
the SANOG meeting.