Re: [exim-dev] Second candidate for 4.52 release -- make fai…

Author: OpenMacNews
To: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] Second candidate for 4.52 release -- make failure on OSX 10.4.1
hi philip,

-- On July 1, 2005 10:58:40 AM +0100 Philip Hazel <ph10@???> wrote:

sorry so tardy in response ...actually had a bit o' vacation =)

> On Thu, 30 Jun 2005, OpenMacNews wrote:
>
>>    # ifndef _ARPA_NAMESER_COMPAT_
>              ^                   ^
>              ^                   ^

>>    =========================================
>>    (EDITOR) OS/Makefile-Darwin
>>    --- CFLAGS=-O -no-cpp-precomp -DBIND_8_COMPAT
>>    +++ CFLAGS=-O -no-cpp-precomp -DBIND_8_COMPAT -DARPA_NAMESER_COMPAT
>                                                      ^                  ^
>                                                      ^                  ^

> Did you miss off those underscores when you actually did this?

yes i did ...

> If so, another try, perhaps?

repeating all as above, ad, per above, ensuring:

    $ grep CFLAGS OS/Makefile-Darwin
        CFLAGS=-O -no-cpp-precomp -DBIND_8_COMPAT -D_ARPA_NAMESER_COMPAT_
                                                    ^                   ^
                                                    ^                   ^

the result, @ 'make' remains the same as with the previous
"-DARPA_NAMESER_COMPAT"

    awk '{ print ($1+1) }' cnumber.h > cnumber.temp
    rm -f cnumber.h; mv cnumber.temp cnumber.h
    cc version.c
    rm -f exim
    cc -o exim
    /usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
    _GETSHORT
    _strnlen
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    make[1]: *** [exim] Error 1
    make: *** [go] Error 2

now, if i can get "Richard III" & "Faustus" out of my head, and refocus on
_this_ ...

richard