Re: [exim] how to config relay for single domain and specifi…

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Richard Hubbell
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] how to config relay for single domain and specific port?
On Wed, 6 Jul 2005, Richard Hubbell wrote:

> I know next to nothing about Exim but would like to know if it's possible to
> relay for a single domain and to a another port , like 465?

Of course.

> In case it's not clear here's what I would like to do:
>
> dig mx example.com
> example.com.               281     IN      MX      5 mx.example.com.

> So mail destined for example.com would go to mx.example.com
> which would in turn relay to mx.someother.com on port 465.

This is a more-or-less standard "hubbing" configuration (apart from the
special port).

> I don't want any mail to go to mx.example.com, so maybe forward
> is the better term to describe what I want to do.
>
> Maybe the term "relay" is not the correct way to think of this.

"Relay" is probably the accepted term. However, you will need to
consider what to do with mail addressed to other domains that hits your
box (e.g. to user@???). It is trivial to make Exim not accept
such addresses if that is what you want.