RE: [exim] mail-from exception to rbl

Autor: Fred Viles
A: exim-users
Assumpte: RE: [exim] mail-from exception to rbl
On 5 Jul 2005 at 13:54, Herb Martin wrote about
    "RE: [exim] mail-from exception to r":

| This is what I do -- running a DNS server on my email server --
| I have a white list that is checked by Exim before the black
| lists and ACCEPTS the exceptions to blacklist processing.

Indeed, good point. The difference between an earlier accept stanza
and the deny-unless example I showed is whether addresses in the
whitelist get subjected to other tests below.

If you want to exclude whitelisted addresses from all additional
tests, use an accept stanza before the dnslists deny. If you only
want to suppress the DNSBL (or any other specific) check, use
negative conditions in the particular deny stanza.

In my case I want to bypass specific tests, but not other later tests
(like virus scanning).

- Fred