[exim-dev] Documentation clarification for pipe transport.

Author: David Wilson
To: exim-dev
Subject: [exim-dev] Documentation clarification for pipe transport.
Hi there, on the following page:

    http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.40/doc/html/spec_29.html:
    29.3 Environment variables

The definition for "MESSAGE_ID" is simply "the message's id". I've just
spent a bit of time wondering why a far-off part of my system was seeing
Exim's ID for the message instead of the Message-ID. Of course, I should
have considered which ID was being referred to when I first read the
documentation. :)

Nonetheless, I think it would be a good thing to make it a little bit
clearer, say: "Exim's ID for the message (this not the Message-ID: header)".

Thanks,

David.

PS: Still aiming to reformat the Python patch, but very busy with other
activities at present.