Re: [exim-dev] Documentation clarification for pipe transpor…

Author: Marc Sherman
To: exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] Documentation clarification for pipe transport.

Philip Hazel wrote:

> Good point. Noted. Thanks.

It might be a good idea to come up with a unique name for the message ID
that exim uses internally. It's always seemed problematic to me that
there are two distinct (but related) concepts both called message id.
In at least one case ISTR someone being told to use $h_message-id: when
they were trying to determine the internal ID of a message. I know that
change would be a big job in the docs, but IMO it would be worth it to
reduce confusion.

- Marc