Re: [exim] How to drop bounces for a specific internal sende…

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Chris Edwards
To: Richard Clayton
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] How to drop bounces for a specific internal sender? [Virus scanned] [Virus scanned]
On Mon, 4 Jul 2005, Richard Clayton wrote:

| In the UK my usual letter on the topic picks out the following three
| specific infringements committed by a "you sent me a virus but my system
| was clever enough to stop it" email
|
| *   The subject line is misleading which is forbidden by s17 of SI 2002
|     No. 2013 "The Electronic Commerce (EC Directive) Regulations 2002".
|
| *   I have not given you permission to send me unsolicited marketing
|     material, nor am I a customer of yours, so you are infringing s22 of
|     SI 2003 No. 2426 "The Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC
|     Directive) Regulations 2003".
|
| *   You have not provided a valid address to which I can send a request
|     that unsolicited direct marketing material ceases, which infringes
|     s23 of SI 2003 No. 2426.

Yes, I'd been wondering about pointing UK sites that emit collateral spam
to the local "antispam" law:

http://www.hmso.gov.uk/si/si2003/20032426.htm

But sadly s22 appears to define spam as "unsolicited direct marketing",
rather than "unsolicited bulk". Sigh. So I guess we can only use this
against the *subset* of collateral spam that actually advertises the
virus/spam blocking system that cleverly "stopped the email you sent"...