Re: Antwort: Re: [exim] How to drop bounces for a specific i…

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Nigel Metheringham
To: srunschke
CC: exim-users, exim-users-bounces
Betreff: Re: Antwort: Re: [exim] How to drop bounces for a specific internal sender? [Virus scanned] [Virus scanned]
On Mon, 2005-07-04 at 15:03 +0200, srunschke@??? wrote:
> exim-users-bounces@??? schrieb am 04.07.2005 14:47:55:
>
> > I suggest dropping all email from valert@??? too, so that you
> irritate
> > fewer people with bogus warning messages.
>
> Thank you for your ignorance, but as I already stated that is not an
> option.

Why do you think it a good idea to send virus notification messages?
They are absolutely no use at all - because every email virus in modern
times has forged the sender address. So all you are doing is collateral
spamming people who had nothing to do with the original message and who
now think that you are a bunch of idiots.

Fortunately since you want to SMTP deny all messages to that address,
all my systems will reject those messages because they won't callback
verify.

Please make sure that your collateral spam matches the patterns
available in http://www.timj.co.uk/linux/bogus-virus-warnings.cf so we
can dispose of such things without needing to look at them. If its not
matched by those rules contact Tim Jackson (who is on this list) and I'm
sure he will oblige by adding them to the ruleset.

BTW I do report frequent collateral spammers to appropriate places
(abuse contacts, upstreams, RBLs etc) to try and kill off these stupid
set ups.

I must say that the volume of collateral spam has dropped (for me at
least) a lot over the last year. I guess either a load of people have
realised that this is a pretty silly idea, or my filters have got
better.

Oh - and since you are presumably in Germany you really *must* check the
legal situation. I think there is a reasonable chance that blindly
replying to email that you have a good reason to believe is forged could
well get in you in breach of EU legislation.

    Nigel.