Re: [exim-dev] sqlite lookup support.

Author: Jakob Hirsch
To: exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] sqlite lookup support.
Tony Finch wrote:

>>>I really shouldn't be using lsearch and ${run sh -c "echo blah >> dbfile"}
>>>for my greylisting. Here's sqlite3 support.
>>very nice, thanks!
> Yes, but it could do with documentation :-)

Indeed. It took a little time to find out I have to use lsearch-style
lookups. Makes sense, though.

>>>+  NULL                           /* no quoting function */
>>Shouldn't the single quote character ' be quoted, at least?
> I suspect it could do with a SQL-quoting function similar to those for
> MySQL/Oracle/Postgres. I wonder why those functions are different...

Because quoting rules are different.
And with sqlite it's tricky, because quoting depends on the quotes
around the quote_xxx and there is no \ escaping. If you have
'${quote_sqlite:$somethin}', every (and only!) ' has to be doubled, if
you used "...", every ". As the quote function does not know what is
around it, there should be a warning in the spec to use only single
quotes and quote_sqlite only handle them.