Re: [exim] sample exim.conf file

Autor: Peter Bowyer
A: Exim Mailing List
Assumpte: Re: [exim] sample exim.conf file
On 04/07/05, Jeff Lasman <blists@???> wrote:
> Surely there's an exim.conf file somewhere on the exim.org site.
>
> And just as surely I can't find it <frown>.
>
> Help, please. I'm looking specifically for this:
>
> <snip>
> PH/14 Modified the default configuration to add an acl_smtp_data ACL,
> with commented out examples of how to interface to a virus scanner and
> to SpamAssassin. Also added commented examples of av_scanner and
> spamd_address settings.
> </snip>
>
> from the changelog for 4.51.

In the distribution tarball. /src/configure.default.

You probably want this piece:

# If you are running a version of Exim that was compiled with the content-
# scanning extension, you can cause incoming messages to be automatically
# scanned for viruses. You have to modify the configuration in two places to
# set this up. The first of them is here, where you define the interface to
# your scanner. This example is typical for ClamAV; see the manual for details
# of what to set for other virus scanners. The second modification is in the
# acl_check_data access control list (see below).

# av_scanner = clamd:/tmp/clamd

# For spam scanning, there is a similar option that defines the interface to
# SpamAssassin. You do not need to set this if you are using the default, which
# is shown in this commented example. As for virus scanning, you must also
# modify the acl_check_data access control list to enable spam scanning.

# spamd_address = 127.0.0.1 783

Peter

--
Peter Bowyer