Re: [exim] configure accounts for particular domains

Autor: Jonas Meurer
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] configure accounts for particular domains
On 02/07/2005 V. T. Mueller wrote:
> Jonas Meurer schrieb:
> >virtual_users:
> > debug_print = "R: virtual_users for $local_part@$domain"
> > driver = redirect
> > domains = +local_domains
> > data = ${lookup{$local_part}lsearch*@{/etc/exim4/aliases/$domain}}
> > qualify_preserve_domain
> > no_more
>
> You may try using the manualroute driver instead of redirect,
> route_data instead of data, also specifying the local_delivery
> transport. In the latter, you can set directory to s/th like
> /maildir/$domain/$localpart . You may need to review the format of
> your alias file as well. Did I understand your question right? It's
> pretty late... hm, in case I have just produced nothing but
> gibberish, someone will correct me later today, for sure ;)

so like the following?
virtual_users:
debug_print = "R: virtual_users for $local_part@$domain"
driver = manualroute
route_data = ${expand:${lookup{$local_part}lsearch*@{/etc/exim4/aliases/$domain}}}
transport = local_delivery
qualify_preserve_domain
no_more

what do you mean with alias file format? it's pretty simple. one file
for each domain, and the format is:
aliasname: destination@domain

> There may be different opinions around here, but I would strongly
> suggest using some kind of virtual user database like *sql or ldap.

yea, maybe that's the best. but in theory i still need a linux user
account for every user who has a mailbox on the machine, and simply
alias the concerning aliases to this mailbox. correct?
this can be done with some nice ui, a db or whatever, but in general
it's always the same, isn't it?

> Have you already taken a look at vexim (
> http://silverwraith.com/vexim/ )?

i didn't know about it, but it looks interesting. i'll try it out
tomorrow.

bye
jonas