Re: [exim] configure accounts for particular domains

Autor: V. T. Mueller
A: 'Exim-users'
Assumpte: Re: [exim] configure accounts for particular domains
Hello,

Jonas Meurer schrieb:
> virtual_users:
> debug_print = "R: virtual_users for $local_part@$domain"
> driver = redirect
> domains = +local_domains
> data = ${lookup{$local_part}lsearch*@{/etc/exim4/aliases/$domain}}
> qualify_preserve_domain
> no_more
>
> to split the mail for real mailboxes, i could add system users with the
> name 'user_domain.com', and then add "user: user_domain.com" to the
> domain-based alias file /etc/exim4/aliases/domain.com.

You may try using the manualroute driver instead of redirect,
route_data instead of data, also specifying the local_delivery
transport. In the latter, you can set directory to s/th like
/maildir/$domain/$localpart . You may need to review the format of
your alias file as well. Did I understand your question right? It's
pretty late... hm, in case I have just produced nothing but
gibberish, someone will correct me later today, for sure ;)

> what happens if i create a local system user with the username
> 'user@???'. does he only reach mail to user@??? through
> exim4, or whould his mailaddress be user@???@domain.com then?
> i hope you can give me some suggestions, as i'm not sure whether my
> solution is very suggestive.

# useradd user@???
Login 'user@???' is invalid

There may be different opinions around here, but I would strongly
suggest using some kind of virtual user database like *sql or ldap.
Have you already taken a look at vexim (
http://silverwraith.com/vexim/ )?

Cheers,
vt