Re: [exim] a large number of domains fronted by Exim are ref…

Author: Jakob Hirsch
Subject: Re: [exim] a large number of domains fronted by Exim are refusing bounces...
Greg A. Woods wrote:

>> But I never saw a person using empty sender and cannot think of a
>> reason why somebody should do it.
> I guess you've never seen me manually testing MTAs with telnet then!
> ;-)

Well, using is not testing. Anyway, I rarely use <> for testing, it's
only a special case.

>> A person sending mail but not wanting to receive any replies is
>> sounds really weird to me.
> We're not talking about replies here -- we're talking about error
> notifications, non-delivery reports, vacation messages, and the like.

Persons without a mailbox send me error notifications etc.? I don't
think so.

> These days there are sometimes other ways to avoid getting error
> notifications and other DSNs and such, but even now there's no more
> reliable way than to use a null return path.

*sigh* I wonder if you even read mails completely. Or maybe my wording
is so bad, I don't know.

Last try: If user@domain never sends any mail, he will never receive DSNs.