Re: [exim] a large number of domains fronted by Exim are ref…

Author: Steve Lamb
New-Topics: Re: [exim] silly avoidance of well accepted standards...
Subject: Re: [exim] a large number of domains fronted by Exim are refusing bounces...
Greg A. Woods wrote:
> You really do need to learn to read more carefully Steve.

> "Reply-To:" is the only RFC-defined, _standard_ mechanism for this
> purpose

    Bullshit, Greg.  RFC2369, 1998, List-Post, quite a few clients already
support it and the one that doesn't that I know of (Thunderbird) it has been
bugged so many times that it isn't funny.

    Furthermore while you are technically correct about Mail-Copies-To it is
already accepted by over a dozen clients, bugs filed against others and in the
discussions about Mail-Copies-To in an list context it is always as a way for
the author to request copies and that proper behavior is to NOT send copies by
default.

    As I said, stop living in the '80s.

> Learn to live with standards Steve -- inventing your own way in an
> environment where absolutley everything depends on co-operation is a far
> worse sin than living in the past.

    Really.  So tell me, why do you ignore your own advice?  Learn to live
with the standards, Greg, and stop living in the past.