Re: [exim] a large number of domains fronted by Exim are ref…

Author: Exim User's Mailing List
To: Steve Lamb
CC: Exim User's Mailing List
Subject: Re: [exim] a large number of domains fronted by Exim are refusing bounces...
[ On Wednesday, June 29, 2005 at 15:31:54 (-0700), Steve Lamb wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [exim] a large number of domains fronted by Exim are refusing bounces...
>
>     And as I pointed out previously List-Post is there, Mail-Copies-To is not
> set.  Stop living in the '80s Greg.

You really do need to learn to read more carefully Steve.

"Reply-To:" is the only RFC-defined, _standard_ mechanism for this
purpose, and it's an updated standard as of 2001, and it's the only
mechanism that stands any hope in hell of actually being implemented by
a sufficient number of MUAs to be of any use, and like magic it does in
fact work for the majority of readers of this form -- or at least for
all those who reply to either Philip or I.

Learn to live with standards Steve -- inventing your own way in an
environment where absolutley everything depends on co-operation is a far
worse sin than living in the past.

--
                        Greg A. Woods

H:+1 416 218-0098  W:+1 416 489-5852 x122  VE3TCP  RoboHack <woods@???>