Re: [exim] Requesting Direction/Advice for LDAP lookups

Autor: Phil Brutsche
A: Jason Martens, exim-users
CC:
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Requesting Direction/Advice for LDAP lookups
Jason Martens wrote:
> Thanks for the input. I was hoping to be able to do this with a
> (somewhat) simple redirect router, and possibly some shell scripting, or
> just some code on my linux mail server that can do the query, return the
> addresses. Is this doable, or will I have to do more coding than that?

ActiveDirectory can be queried directly by Exim via LDAP.

For what you want to do I think all you need is the appropriate LDAP
queries... but don't quote me on that, you will need to perform some
experimentation.

If you have more complex needs you can use perl - either an external
script or via Exim's linked-in perl interpreter - to perform the LDAP
queries.

--

Phil Brutsche
phil@???