RE: [exim] Requesting Direction/Advice for LDAP lookups

Autor: Jason Martens
A: exim-users
Assumpte: RE: [exim] Requesting Direction/Advice for LDAP lookups
On Tue, 2005-06-28 at 15:14 -0500, Herb Martin wrote:
> > Is this doable? Is there a better way to do this? I would
> > appreciate any input.
> >

> It is very doable -- there is plenty of Microsoft,
> and others, source code to do the lookups in VB,
> C, or C#. You can also do it in Perl which has
> LDAP libraries.

Thanks for the input. I was hoping to be able to do this with a
(somewhat) simple redirect router, and possibly some shell scripting, or
just some code on my linux mail server that can do the query, return the
addresses. Is this doable, or will I have to do more coding than that?

> There is also a bulk program if you don't mind taking
> occasinal 'snapshots' rather than using live Active
> Directory: Ldifde.exe
>
> If you intend to program it on an MS platform you
> should lookup up the ADSI Scriptomatic at Microsoft,
> Google:
>
>     [ ADSI Scriptomatic site:microsoft.com ]

Trying to avoid this if possible.

Thanks,
Jason