[exim] Requesting Direction/Advice for LDAP lookups

Autor: Jason Martens
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [exim] Requesting Direction/Advice for LDAP lookups
Hey all,
I'm a bit new to exim, and I have this idea that I want to try, but I
was hoping I could get some feedback before I rush off and try to figure
it all out on my own.

    Basically, here's what I want to do.  We have a need at work to send
out occasional e-mails to all employees, or to certain subsets of
employees with notifications about services that will be down, or other
such broadcast information.  Up till now, we have been using a listmail
(lyris) package for this, but it is difficult to maintain, because it
doesn't integrate into our already existing (M$ Active) directory.  What
I would like to do, is create e-mail addresses in Exim
(is-announce@???) which would then do a query to our LDAP
server, and send mail to everyone that is in $SOMEGROUP.  I would then
set up several of these for the various announce lists that we need.
That way, as users are added or removed to the system, they will
automagically be subscribed or removed from the appropriate lists.

Is this doable? Is there a better way to do this? I would appreciate
any input.

Thanks,
Jason Martens