[exim] Re: smtp protocol violation question

Autor: Timo Neuvonen
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [exim] Re: smtp protocol violation question
> I've from internal server that send automatically mails, some times
> in to exim I found the follow error:
>
> 2005-06-28 12:01:35 SMTP protocol violation: synchronization error
> (input sent without waiting for greeting): rejected connection from
> H=srv-snmp [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]
>
> Someone have idea to solve it?

Does it happen to be 3ware's disc controller's 3dm/3dm2 software, maybe?
If so, replace the bad daemon with a less bad one, i.e. with the newest beta
(2.03.00.028).
I think it helps, I tested it this week.

Otherwise, putting this into exim.conf helps:
# temporary hack to make 3dm2 9.1.5.2 messages work -- TiN 2005-01-30
smtp_enforce_sync = false

--
TiN