Re: [exim] cant get post to list

Author: Jeff Lasman
To: Nigel Metheringham
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] cant get post to list
Here's the post; It failed again this evening, with the same error
message, so this time I'm sending it as a response to this thread,
exactly as my last good post was accepted.

Which means, regrettably, that Nigel will also get a copy.

But if it doesn't post to the list we should be able to figure out
that's because of something in the content, as another message went
this way, and all I did now was click on "Send Again" (I use Kmail) and
then replace the text before clicking on the "Send" icon.

I made a similar post on March 25th and didn't get a response, so I'm
trying again.

Some of our clients are in the webhosting business.

They'd like me to setup exim.conf for them so that exim would do an MX
lookup and send rather than first check and send locally.

Why?

Because new clients often use control panel automation to set up a
delivery address that's hosted on the domain they're setting up. So
they don't get the login information.

And for a few other reasons as well, such as clients leaving for another
hosting company and not telling them... and then the customers don't
even get final bills, since they're no longer reading email on the
local server.

I know how to do it.

What I'm asking is for real world performance or other issues I may run
into.

Thanks.

Jeff
--
Jeff Lasman, nobaloney.net, P. O. Box 52672, Riverside, CA 92517 US
Professional Internet Services & Support / Consulting / Colocation