Re: [exim] Possible bug - header_syntax

Autor: mrrph
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Possible bug - header_syntax
On Sun, 26 Jun 2005, Giolla Decair wrote:

> Hi,
>
> came across what might eba bit of a bug in:
>
> require verify = header_syntax
>
> in that if the From: address has a trailing . on teh doamin it's
> rejected as invalid.
>
> e.g:
> rejected after DATA: domain missing or malformed: failing address in
> "To" header is: nottingham_freecycle@???.

I think you can toggle the following BOOL in globals.c to change this
behavior:

BOOL    strip_trailing_dot     = FALSE;

Caveat Emptor: I haven't tested this, but a grep and a few glances
through the code seem to point in this direction.

The same behavior is exhibited in the RCPT ACL, so I'm assuming it's
global. I don't have any need to change the default, so I'll likely not
test this. Try it out, post your results, and revert if necessary.

--Henry