[exim] Possible bug - header_syntax

Autor: Giolla Decair
A: exim-users
Assumptes vells: [exim] domainkeys - signall = 0, no point in using DK?
Assumpte: [exim] Possible bug - header_syntax
Hi,

came across what might eba bit of a bug in:

require verify = header_syntax

in that if the From: address has a trailing . on teh doamin it's
rejected as invalid.

e.g:
rejected after DATA: domain missing or malformed: failing address in
"To" header is: nottingham_freecycle@???.

As far as I can tell from the RFCs there's no reason why one shouldn't
have a trailing . on the domain. Whilst it may not eb common it would
seem to be a perfectly legitimate thing to do.

--
Giolla Decair
                   Do away with your Throat and lips,