Re: [exim] Re: Need Help to Solve security hole (Sergio Basu…

Author: Marc Haber
To: Exim User List
Subject: Re: [exim] Re: Need Help to Solve security hole (Sergio Basurto)
On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 12:06:23 -0700 (PDT), Sergio Basurto Juarez
<sbasurtoj@???> wrote:
>From: sbasurto@???
>To: sbasurtoj@???

That might be authorized by virtue of delivering IP address, which is
a common case. You do not give any information about your setup, so
there will be no more help.

>May be I do not understand good how to restrcit that
>the sender should be a valid account in the server and
>that the domain part must be the local domain and only
>the local domain

Allowing relay depending on the sender domain is a very bad idea since
you will be an open relay then. Spammers will simply forge one of
_your_ addresses as the sender. You need to do SMTP AUTH.

>(That's why I am looking for
>documentation for beginners).

You don't learn running an MTA on the internet. It's too dangerous.
Please take your box offline and practice in the internal network.

>Also want that exim ask always a password, I can't
>achive this also.

You need to have your server advertise authentication, and then you
need to get your server to actually do authentication.

>I hope I am expressing my self right.

You are expressing yourself right in the way that the only valid
advice that can be given to you is to not run a mail server on the
public internet at your current level of knowledge. You're a danger.

Greetings
Marc