Re: [exim] Exim 4 and Majordomo

Author: Richard Welty
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim 4 and Majordomo
On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 00:09:32 +0200 Marc Haber <mh+exim-users@???> wrote:

> On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 23:23:23 -0400 (EDT), Dafydd Blaidd
> <dafydd@???> wrote:
> >    I just upgraded from Exim 3 to Exim 4 and in so doing I also
> >changed the configuration for Majordomo.  Now, I can send mail to and
> >from real accounts and to and from /etc/aliases and I can send messages to
> >majordomo lists from local accounts but when I send a message to a
> >majordomo list from a remote address, majordomo does not process it.

> I would try finding out what exim does with the message, so that I
> knew whether to look for the error in exim or in majordomo.

> What do your logs say?

another thing that is helpful in tracking these things down is to use
the -bh, -bt and -d flags to make test runs at the majordomo installation.

do be aware that the way that the -d option works is different in exim4
from exim3, -d9 won't generate all debug output the way it used to.

richard
--
Richard Welty                                         rwelty@???
Averill Park Networking