Re: [exim] acl variable

Author: Craig Jackson
To: Tom Kistner
CC: Exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] acl variable
Tom Kistner wrote:
> Craig Jackson wrote:
>
>> I don't want to tag emails that contain pdf/doc AND media attachments.
>> But this doesn't work. Any hints? Is there a way to express NOT using
>> the demime like this...
>>
>>     demime = jpg : ! pdf : ! doc : jpeg

> Use the MIME ACL instead. :)
>
> /tom

Thanks, that is good. But now that I have found this mime acl that is
new to me, I have several questions answers to which are not found in
the spec.txt.

1) I want to accept all ptx files so that they are not scanned by
spamassassin. The accept is now in the mime acl while SA still scans in
the data acl. I suppose a acl_mx variable can work. Any other ideas?

2) In my data acl there still exists this....

deny    message = MIME ERROR: ($demime_reason).
                 demime = *
                 condition = ${if >{$demime_errorlevel}{2}{1}{0}}

         # Reject virus using Clamd scan. See av_scanner line above
         deny    message = Message contains virus:  ($malware_name)
                 demime = *
                 malware = */defer_ok

    a) Is MIME ERROR checking supposed to continue to be in the data acl
like this? If not, what is the counterpart in the mime acl?

    b) In the virus scan, is demime still needed. I think it is. Is this
part of the new content scanning or is this compiled from the now
deprecated demime code which I'd like to remove from future compilations?

Thanks very much,
Craig Jackson