Re: [exim] rewriting headers (add and remove)

Author: Michael Johnson
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] rewriting headers (add and remove)
On 22 Jun, 2005, at 4:26:42 AM EDT, Philip Hazel wrote:

> On Tue, 21 Jun 2005, Michael Johnson wrote:
>
>> Here's the complete entry in the router section (last items):
>>
>> # If both Reply-to and List-Post exist, copy original Reply-To
>> # If List-Post exists, generate Reply-To from it
>> headers_add     = ${if match {$header_list-post:} {\<mailto:(.*)\>} \
>>                 {${if def:header_reply-to: \
>>                 {} }

>> # If both Reply-to and List-Post exist, remove original Reply-To
>> headers_remove = ${if and { \
>>                 {def:header_reply-to:} {def:header_list-post:}\
>>                 } {reply-to} fail }

> That doesn't look like a complete router to me...

This is the router I used in 4.43 with (apparently) no problems. I
didn't change anything with the update to 4.51. No...seriously...I
didn't change anything. What's missing?

>> The headers aren't being added/removed.
>>

> We need debug output to see exactly what is happening.

Now that I have it set up properly, I can hopefully get that
information as soon as I send then receive this message.

> No. A quick glance at the reference manual will show you that
> debugging
> is set by the -d option; the -bd option starts a daemon.

As I suspected, but I wasn't certain.

> Actually, I would not use '+all'; it includes voluminous memory
> management information. '-d+expand' should show enough.

I'm using -d+expand right now. I'll look at the output and see what
I can figure out. If I can't get it, I'll post again.

-Michael

   _
  /~\     The ASCII
  \ /   Ribbon Campaign