[exim] Re: using rfc-ignorant as a whitelist!?!?!? (was: a l…

Author: Ian Eiloart
To: Greg A. Woods
CC: Exim User's Mailing List
Subject: [exim] Re: using rfc-ignorant as a whitelist!?!?!? (was: a large number of domains fronted by Exim are refusing bounces...)

--On 17 June 2005 15:40:20 -0400 "Greg A. Woods" <woods@???> wrote:

> [ On Friday, June 17, 2005 at 14:05:21 (+0100), Ian Eiloart wrote: ]
>> Subject: Re: [exim] a large number of domains fronted by Exim are
>> refusing bounces...
>>
>> Part of the problem here is that some people are using
>> rfc-ignoratant.org as a whitelist. So getting a listing there may be
>> regarded as desirable!
>
> Hmmm.... I hadn't heard of that yet. I don't quite see how this helps
> the ones who want to be listed either....

Getting listed makes it more likely that your email will be accepted - if
the sites using rfc-ignorant as a whitelist outweigh the sites using it as
a blacklist. So, if I'm a site refusing null senders, and my mail is being
refused because of that, then I can fix the problem (for some sites) by
listing myself at rfc-ignorant!

--
Ian Eiloart
Servers Team