[exim] How to test dns blacklists?

Author: Christian Schmidt
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] How to test dns blacklists?
Hello exim-users,

while playing around with a test server I setup with exim 4.51, I'm
just wondering how I can test if the dns blacklist stuff is working.

When calling exim -bhc <ip_address> for a "simulated" SMTP session,
the correspondig queries are reported, but up to now, I haven't
succeeded in getting one query to "fail" in the way that it got a
"positive" result to make my exim ACL block the contacting host.

Are there any IP addresses that are always being reported as "to be
blocked"?
I.e. I'm looking for an EICAR pendant for dns blacklists.

I'm querying the following blacklists:
rblplus.mail-abuse.org and
relays.ordb.org

TIA for any advice.

Regards,
Christian

--
Realität ist das, was nicht verschwindet, wenn man aufhört daran zu glauben.
        -- Philip K. Dick