RE: [exim] a large number of domains fronted by Exim are ref…

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Eli
CC:
Alte Treads: Re: [exim] a large number of domains fronted by Exim are refusing bounces...
Betreff: RE: [exim] a large number of domains fronted by Exim are refusingbounces...
Greg wrote:

> There's giving a guy some rope -- and then there's rope that's fashioned
> into a hangman's noose, and strung up over a high branch, forced over
> the user's head, and a swat given to the hind end of the horse he's
> sitting on. This issue is like the latter, not the former.

That analogy is flawed unfortunately. Exim is the rope, and the default
configuration supplied is no worse than just another piece of rope. Quite
obviously these admins have taken these two pieces of rope and made a noose
with it. If they're going around hanging people, just don't go play with
them - that's the fix. Many of us are well aware of your position on
accepting email, so I highly doubt that blacklisting a few more "RFC
ignorant" domains is against any policy you hold dear.

As someone else similarily stated, my computer and OS allow me to delete
itself from the system (at least key files/components) while it's running.
It lets me install viruses, and even lets me compile viruses. Those are for
sure things that we wouldn't want to happen - do you blame my Intel CPU
chip, or my operating system for allowing such things?

Eli.