RE: [exim] a large number of domains fronted by Exim are ref…

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Exim User's Mailing List
To: Mark Smith
CC: Exim User's Mailing List
Betreff: RE: [exim] a large number of domains fronted by Exim are refusingbounces...
[ On Friday, June 17, 2005 at 05:32:12 (+0100), Mark Smith wrote: ]
> Subject: RE: [exim] a large number of domains fronted by Exim are refusingbounces...
>
> I would dearly love to refuse mail from any host that ignores the protocols,
> but there are so many large companies out there with misconfigured servers
> that our customers would have a fit when they couldn't get their
> email.

A generic "ignores the protocols" is one thing....

"ignoring a most critical key aspect of the core protocol" is quite another.

Anyone not blocking sender addresses with domains listed in
dsn.rfc-ignorant.org really should consider doing so.

Idiots listed in postmaster.rfc-ignorant.org should be blocked too of
course.

If you don't wake people up they'll never learn what's wrong.

> Why can't these customers just use the email service that comes with their
> hosting packages?

because as I said their hosting packages don't seem to offer e-mail
_relay_ services (i.e. they don't seem to offer either SMTP/SSL or
SUBMIT/STARTTLS).

They do get inbound e-mail to their domains through their hosting
services of course, but that's the problem -- their outbound mail goes
out through any number of different ISPs, and they _never_ see any
bounces.

--
                        Greg A. Woods
                        Planix, Inc.