Re: [exim-dev] PCRE inclusions in Exim

Autor: Edgar Lovecraft
A: exim-dev
Assumpte: Re: [exim-dev] PCRE inclusions in Exim
Philip Hazel wrote:

..[snip]...

After reading the whole debate on static/shared/blah blah blah...

> At some time in the future, a good move might be to do the work to allow
> for selection of system vs private PCRE. At that time, I would change

This is the easiest way to do things I think, and it makes all involved
happy does it not? I know I am for choice myself. Leave the
default to the included version, but allow for the choice of another.

> the private PCRE to be a "standard" rather than a cut-down version.

Is there some reason that the "standard" version cannot go out
today??? It does not break anything when it has the other support
such as UTF-8 etc. does it??

I am all for not compiling things you do not need, but in this case,
(without going over all the differences between the cut-down and
"standard" versions) does it really matter?? Also, with some of the
MIME checks that can be done now, UTF-8 support for the RX may be
very usefull ;)

--

--EAL--