Re: [exim-dev] Exim documentation: new format: readers wante…

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Marc Sherman
CC: exim-dev, Tim Wilde
Assumpte: Re: [exim-dev] Exim documentation: new format: readers wanted
On Thu, 9 Jun 2005, Marc Sherman wrote:

> By the way, just to this to the current threads on exim-users, "no_more"
> doesn't appear in either index.

That's because no_anything is the same as anything=false and the index
entry is for anything. Perhaps I should add this index entry:

no_<anything> see <anything>

Hmm. I wonder if it's possible to do that in DocBook? Maybe not. The
current docs have a dozen or so "see xxx" index entries, and none of
these are present in the new world. I will put this on the list of
infelicities to investigate. Also, it would be nice in the HTML index to
be able to hyperlink to the various letters, I feel.

I don't want to put in duplicate no_ index entries for every boolean
option, but perhaps no_more is so common that it ought to be there.

> I've really only got one showstopper to point out -- in the spec.html, the
> section headings link back to the TOC, but in filter.html, they don't. Can
> that be fixed? I find those back links very useful.

I wrote a script to put them in for the spec (see HowItsDone.txt), and
didn't bother for the filter. I guess I could write another script...